Friday, April 26, 2013

Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies



I was looking for something to do and wanted to bake the other day, and decided to see what I could come up with. One of the things I had was a bottle of raspberry extract that I'd bought to bake something and never got around to baking it (I don't even know what that something was anymore), and another was a bag of white chocolate chips (I think I bought them to make Christmas candy). I also had a bag of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and figured if I could make Mint cookies with mint extract, sugar cookie mix, and chocolate chips, I could very well try other flavors too.

All I used was:

-Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix
-1 egg
-1 stick of unsalted butter
-1 bag of white chocolate chips
-2 tsp of raspberry extract (you can use as much or as little as you want depending on how well you like raspberry)
- a dash of pink food coloring

Combine everything but the white chocolate in a mixer, add as much food coloring as you need until you have the pink you like. I used Wilson's pink gel and so I just took a small sliver with a knife and dropped it in. A little bit of that stuff goes a long way.

When you've got everything mixed up, add your chocolate chips and stir them in. Then scoop out the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I like to use a cookie scoop) and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Let them cool completely before trying to eat or remove from pan.

And viola! Easy and tasty. Husband, sister, and daddy gave a thumbs up, hope y'all like them too!

Love,
Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment