Friday, August 31, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken

I have to blog about this one because this chicken was so good, my husband and I thought we had gone out to eat at a restaurant. The best part was that it was, you guessed it, really easy (healthy too!). I am always looking for ways to spice up chicken breast. Scarcely a week passes that we aren't eating some kind of chicken breast meal. Naturally, that gets really old, so anything that I can do to liven up a weekly staple, I look for it. This recipe, if you can even call it that, was born of me wanting to prepare something ahead of time so I wasn't sitting there at five o'clock searching for something to do. I was looking for a Crock-pot recipe that didn't require an instant ranch or Italian dressing packet, and when that didn't happen, had begun digging through my fridge trying to find something to marinate my chicken breast in. Fortunately, I found a jar of Trader Joe's bruschetta tomatoes. Eureka!

Bruschetta Chicken 

Ingredients
1 jar of Trader Giotto's (Trader Joe's) Bruschetta
2 large chicken breasts, cut into four chicken pieces
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
1 T of Parmesan Cheese
1 T of Litehouse Italian Seasoning

To make:

Cut two large chicken breasts into four smaller breasts and place inside a gallon sized zip-lock bag with half of the jar of Bruschetta. Allow to marinate for at least four hours.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour contents of the bag of marinated chicken into a greased baking dish. Pour the remaining Bruschetta over the top of the chicken, top with Parmesan and Italian seasoning, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.

This is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. It will be tasty with vegetables or pasta, depending on your mood or what you have available.We had plenty of red potatoes and broccoli so that's what I served. It turned out great and hubby said I needed to go rummaging through the fridge more often, haha.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment